New Delhi, June 29 : The BCCI on Monday rejected former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi’s allegations against three cricketers of taking bribes from a businessman.
The board gave ‘clean chit’ to the cricketers.
Addressing a press conference, BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur said: “There is no information on these players from ICC so far. It is in a way a clean chit for them to play.”
The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Sunday confirmed that Modi’s ‘confidential e-mail’, which was received in June 2013, was provided at the time to the ACSU which handled that information in accordance with its standard operating procedure and included sharing it with the BCCI’s anti-corruption unit.
The ICC in a statement said: “The ICC confirms that Mr Modi’s confidential e-mail, which was received in June 2013, and which has recently been published on Twitter, was provided to the ACSU at the time. The ACSU handled that information in accordance with its standard operating procedures, which included sharing it with the BCCI’s anti-corruption unit.”
The ICC said it will make no further comment on this matter.
Modi on Saturday alleged that Chennai Super Kings players Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo and Suresh Raina were involved in IPL betting.